Legio X Fretensis

Legio X Fretensis, Cohors IV, is a living history re-enactment group based out of California dedicated to bringing into the present the memories and traditions of the ancient Roman Empire during the first centuries A.D.

Monday, August 25, 2008

Catching Up

Author’s note: It has been quite a long time since I updated this blog. Indeed, I never finished the story of the trip to Britannia. We also never got this blog transfered over properly to Bob Garbisch to edit.

I started this blog with the hope of keeping the unit’s ancient Roman and modern present-day history up-to-date.

My interest in the “Ol’ 10th” was sparked again when I recently Web-bumped into an old friend, Kathy Plamback, via a social networking site. She informed me she works for a company named Legio X, Inc., along with Don Perrin.

Quite a coincidence!

As I sit and type this, my helmet and my caligae are both within reach for ready action! For the life of me I am unsure where my gladius ended up. The centurio will have me beaten for sure!

Fond memories, though, come back of our 2006 hike on Hadrian’s Wall. It is probably about time to tell the rest of the story.

-Peter Corless. (PETRVS PAVLVS)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home